Friday, March 6, 2015
"ROBOTIS is currently developing a humanoid robot, THORMANG 2 to attend DRC finals. Previously, ROBOTIS participated in DRC trials as a team member of Team THOR. Team THOR used THOR-OP (also known as: THORMANG 1), also developed by ROBOTIS, and received the final tickets at Trials. Based on the experience of DRC trials, ROBOTIS built up the new team, named Team ROBOTIS composed of ROBOTIS, Korea Tech University and Korea Robotics Society etc.
THORMANG 2 is the upgrade version of THOR-OP (or THORMANG 1). It is much stronger, faster and more stable than the previous version, although its height and weight is similar to previous one. Modularity is its main feature. ROBOTIS has been providing modular servo actuators Dynamixel and Dynamixel-Pro for a decade. THORMANG 2 is simply assembled with 32 Dynamixel-Pro modules; its hardware and software are very compact and efficient. It allows us to develop a robot in a very short period time and to carry out fixes easily. For these reasons, modularity, we believe, will work well in real-life situations and DRC finals as well. After DRC finals, ROBOTIS is going to merchandise THORMANG 2 to share the DRC experience with other roboticists."
DRC link to the Robotis webpage.
at 6:45 AM
Thursday, March 5, 2015
Saturday, February 28, 2015
ROBOTIS OP 2
High Performance and Advanced Features
• Default walking speed: 24.0 cm/sec (9.44 in/sec) 0.25 sec/step - user modifiable gait
• Default standing up time from ground: 2.8 sec (from facing down) and 3.9 sec (from facing up) - user modifiable speed
• Built-in PC: Intel Atom N2600 @1.6 GHz dual core, RAM 4GB DDR3, 32GB mSATA
• Management controller (CM-740): ARM CortexM3 STM32F103RE 72MHz
• 20 actuator modules (6 DOF leg x2+ 3 DOF arm x2 + 2 DOF neck)
• Actuators with durable metallic gears (DYNAMIXEL MX-28T)
• Self-maintenance kit (easy to follow steps and instructions)
• Standby mode for low power consumption
• 3Mbps high-speed Dynamixel bus for joint control
• 1800mAh LIPO Battery (30 minutes of operations), charger, and external power adapter
(Battery can be removed from robot without shutting down by plugging in external power before removal)
• Versatile functionality (can accept legacy, current, and future peripherals)
• 3-axis gyro, 3-axis accelerometer, button x3, detection microphone x2
at 8:23 AM